Looking for a quick fix breakfast or snack option? Why not grab a yogurt out of the fridge and start the day right? I believe yogurt is an essential in every home. It’s the perfect filler leading to longer satiety and overall better health. Because yogurt is derived from milk, it’s an excellent source of vitamin D protein, calcium, and B vitamins. Yogurt is also known as a Probiotic. This means that it contains strains of live-bacteria which work to improve the gut microbiota in our body. Eating yogurt once a day has been seen to influence a decrease in certain disease risks such as obesity, type 2 diabetes, irritable bowel syndrome and numerous chronic inflammatory diseases. Yogurt provides the body with a variety of health and wellness benefits. It is an easy and delicious food to incorporated into your daily life. Some helpful tips to enhance nutritional content, increase health benefits and create a unique flavor are listed below.
Our Yogurt Tips:
- Choose low-fat or fat-free yogurt selections
- Add a tablespoon of herbs or spices (flaxseed, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, etc.)
- Add a sliced fresh or frozen fruit (any kind of berries, peaches, banana, kiwi, etc.)
- Top with almonds, pecans, or other nuts
- Top with a light drizzle of honey
Nourish your body today by trying our Berry Yogurt and grain-less Granola bowl!