People often underestimate the importance of staying hydrated. We use the excuse that we are too busy to drink water or that we simply forget. Reality
✅ , a human being can go weeks without food but only a matter of days without water. You have heard it all before, water plays a vital role in digestion, absorption, metabolism and circulation in the human body. All that to say, it is kind of a big deal. Read below for some simple tips to stay properly hydrated as the new year is a great time to rethink your h2o!
- Buy yourself a nice water bottle, like HydroFlask
- Enjoy a spa water… raspberry-mint is a must try
- Try it sparkling… La Croix is the craze, although it's not as hydrating as pure water.
- There is an app for that… try to keep track of your intake
- Create a water challenge to drink your body weight in oz
- Keep it always nearby - 1 bottle on your desk, 1 in the car, you get the drift
- Eat your water… try to increase your intake of fruits and vegetables high in water such as lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, watermelon, grapefruit
- Drink a glass before every meal
- For every one non-water beverage drink one glass of water
- Eat spicy food that always calls for a sip of water after each bite!