Gary's Tomato Jam Recipe
Summertime Tomato Jam
Perfect over grilled or slow roasted meat, or as an accompaniment on your charcuterie platter.
1 large white or sweet onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons grapeseed or avocado oil
½ teaspoon kosher salt
3 pounds roma tomatoes, chopped
½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons tomato paste
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Saute onions and garlic in oil over medium heat with salt until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and thyme and continue to cook until thickened and starts to stick.
- Deglaze with red wine vinegar for 1 minute.
- Stir in brown sugar and tomato paste and cook over low heat until desired thickness.
- Puree in blender or with hand blender and finish with salt and pepper to taste.